My Dog Ate What? returns to Nat Geo Wild on Wed 11/3

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/wild/shows-my-dog-ate-what

My Dog Ate What? is returning to Nat Geo Wild with three new episodes starting tonight. Below are episode descriptions, plus videos where available:


My Dog Ate What? Tampons, Muscle Relaxants and a Needle
Wednesday, November 3, 2010, at 9 PM ET/PT
Siberian husky Kato downs a lethal dose of a human muscle relaxant and slips into a coma.  Shockingly, mixed breed Monty and border collie Rita Mae are dual suspects when a half-eaten box of tampons is discovered.  We’ll see Old English sheepdog Agnes eat decorative cranberry wire, which becomes a knotted mess inside her stomach!  Then, 10-week-old Lulu undergoes surgery after swallowing a 5-inch rib bone, but is not coming out of the anesthesia.  And Maxine the tuxedo cat ingests a sewing needle and thread.  Nervous owners.  Concerned vets.  It’s a race against time as these pets fight to survive.

Video “On Needles and Pins” – A german shepherd puppy swallows a pin cushion whole – can the vet save this dog’s life?

Video “A Dog’s Accidental Overdose” – A loyal but curious siberian husky gets his nose into some muscle relaxants and comes extremely close to death.

My Dog Ate What? Rat Poison, a Zipper and Tennis Balls
Wednesday, November 10, 2010, at 9 PM ET/PT
Frannie-Lou the Westie ate a mango pit that stayed in her system for about 11 months before it was detected.  Pointing lab Primo learns that some plants are better left rooted after he swallows a dieffenbachia plant, which is toxic to dogs.  He faces a lifesaving tracheostomy.  Later, Maddie the beagle swallows a large piece of carpet and speaker wire after suffering an allergic reaction to chicken and undergoes a complicated hospital visit.  Mastiff Elvis swallows not one but three tennis balls, and the situation proves no ballgame, as the third ball requires a procedure that could be deadly.  And, when beloved cockatoo Hoppee ingests 75 zipper teeth, his vet must find a creative way to remove them.

Video “The Dog Who Eats Tennis Balls” – The mastiff loves to play in the park so much that he takes other dog’s toys back home with him – in his stomach.

My Dog Ate What? Batteries, a Rock and Cereal Boxes
Wednesday, November 17, 2010, at 9 PM ET/PT
Golden retriever-Labrador mix Hoyt swallows a bottle cap that lodges in his stomach, prompting an emergency run to the clinic in rush-hour traffic.  Ella Maurice is a smart collie who makes a terrible mistake when she swallows two AA batteries whole and needs surgery before the batteries have a chance to leak.  Meanwhile, German shepherd Myla swallows a pincushion full of pins and needles, and an African spurred tortoise becomes sick after eating everything from seven screws to 42 pebbles.  And, yellow Lab Frankenstein downs two boxes of cereal, including the boxes, proving what a monster he can really be.  Join us as these household pets and owners realize something is seriously wrong.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: